Our mission is to foster a love of reading in parents and children. We provide age-appropriate books mailed directly to the homes of children 0 to 5 years of age and encourage families to read together.
Why do we do this?
The facts are staggering:
- Only 34% of Bartow County’s children currently read on grade level by the end of the third grade.
- Students who cannot read proficiently upon entering the 4th grade are four times likelier to drop out of school.
- 61% of low-income families don’t have a single book in the home suitable for a child.
- Half of children from low-income communities start first grade up to two years behind their peers.
However, research tells us:
- The single most significant factor influencing a child’s early school success is an exposure to books and being read to at home prior to beginning school.
- The most successful way to improve the reading achievement of low-income children is to increase their access to print.
For more information: